Job Type: Full Time
Job Status: Interviewing
Start Date: Immediately
Strong, positive role model needed to work with at-risk youth ages 7 to 18 to assist them in reintegrating into the community.This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field or 2 years of education with 2 years experience in a human services related field and previous supervisory experience. Must exhibit a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, and maintain confidentiality. This position may be required to participate in the on call rotation.
– Manage client intake, intensive supervision of clients, basic breakfast preparation, medication administration, behavior and crisis management, limit and structure setting, the ability to create/follow a routine, documentation, organization, skill in verbal de-escalation and positive strong boundaries, 15 minute bed checks with focus on safety and security. (Due to the short length of stay for these clients, mastery of direct care skills are a must.)
– Supervision of direct reports
– Provide support to Residential Supervisor and staff, as well as floor coverage
– Tasks otherwise specified, must be flexible.
– Must be professional, at least 23 years of age, able to pass a criminal background check, and hold a valid Colorado driver’s license or the ability to obtain one
– Must work well with both males and females, as well as within both residential and shelter programs
– Must be positive, friendly, warm and courteous, yet tactful and firm in uncomfortable situations
– Must have problem solving, critical thinking, excellent writing/speaking skills and strong communication skills
Thurs thru Sat overnight (Thornton)
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and 403(b) retirement options, and much more!