Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Location: Based at the Adams County Department of Human Services
Start Date: As soon as possible
Are you interested in promoting the safety, permanency, and well-being of children and families within the child-welfare system? Do you believe that a family-centered, strengths based approach to human services can improve stability within a family and increase the likelihood of family preservation? If you have the ability to engage with families and professionals from various human service related fields, and maintain a positive regard for everyone involved, you may be interested in Family Team Meeting Facilitation.
Family Team Meeting Facilitation: Family Team Meeting (FTM) is a family centered meeting that brings the family and the Department of Human Services together to model (and incorporate) teachings and philosophy from:
• Team Decision Making (TDM)
• Family Group Decision Making (FGDM)
The purpose of the FTM is to increase family engagement by coordinating and scheduling Family Team Meetings for every case prior to an anticipated out of home placement, prior to any change in placement and prior to reunification with their family.
The planned outcome for each meeting is to develop a clear and specific action plan detailing the responsibilities of the parents/family members and Adams County Human Services Department (ACHSD).
– Provide increased opportunities for families to be involved in decision making, planning and outcomes in order to preserve
their family unit and ensure safety.
– Increase placements of children with kin if they cannot remain safely in the care of their biological/custodial parents.
– Adequately review the necessity for a change in a child’s placements.
– Shorten the length of stay in out of home placement.
– Appropriately and thoroughly plan to promote successful reunification.
a) A Bachelor’s degree with a major in a human behavioral sciences field, and one year of experience in a human service related field.
b) Flexibility to work 11am to 7pm Monday through Friday.
c) Willingness to participate in ongoing training in Family Engagement.
d) Bilingual skills are not required, but are beneficial.
This position is based at the Adams County Department of Human Services. The hours may vary between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM and 11:00 AM-7:00 PM Monday through Friday. This is a full time, hourly, entry level position and will offer benefit options including health, vision, dental, and life insurance.